2017 New Year’s Resolutions for You and Your Car
The new year is finally upon us, and with 2017 in full swing, it’s time to start thinking about what you can do to take better care of your car (as well as enjoy it more) in the next 12 months. You may have put together some 2017 New Year’s resolutions for yourself, but now take some time to make some resolutions for you and your car as well.
It may seem unnecessary, but setting goals for yourself when it comes to your automotive needs can definitely help ensure that your vehicle remains in optimal condition by the time 2018 rolls around. Moreover, you’ll likely find that you’re able to enjoy your car more in the process. Check out our list of resolutions below and let us know about any others that you might have.
Automotive Goals for Your Car In 2017
- Get maintenance done on time: Most car owners will know enough to handle regular vehicle maintenance like oil changes or basic inspections. That said, many don’t get them done on time, increasing the possibility for more damage to be done to your car. This year, set a schedule and get your maintenance done when it’s due.
- Create an automotive savings account: Many drivers want to take good care of their vehicle and handle repairs as soon as they come up, but the cost is often not so inviting. Instead of allowing vehicle repairs to come as a surprise, start a savings account for your vehicle right now. That way, when repairs become necessary, you’ll have money set aside. Plus, if no expensive repairs ever come up, you’ll still have money set aside for a down payment on a future new vehicle.
- Keep your car clean: Do you remember how clean your car was when you first picked it up? There’s probably a good chance it doesn’t look so clean anymore. Dirt, trash and unnecessary items/belongings can pile up quickly in a car. Rather than putting it off until you can no longer stand the clutter, consider spending a little time once each week, say every Saturday morning, to clean things out.
- Quit texting while driving: Far too many drivers have a habit of typing and sending texts while behind the wheel. With the new year, it’s a good time to turn over a new leaf in this area, as it is extremely unsafe for you and others.
- Go somewhere new: Though all of the above resolutions can help you enjoy your car more and keep you safe, they do require some work and some effort. So, make sure you also find some time to enjoy your vehicle by taking a road trip to some place you’ve never been.
Let us know about any 2017 New Year’s resolutions you might have for yourself and your car down in the comments section. From everyone here at Holiday Automotive, we wish you a healthy, safe and rewarding 2017.