2020 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
Are you looking for a new pickup truck with stellar performance and high towing capacity? The GMC Sierra towing capacity exceeds its competition, with more power and safety features than leading pickups on the market. Get 13,400 pounds maximum towing capacity at your fingertips with the 2020 GMC Sierra! Contact us to learn more about our available models!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
How much can the GMC Sierra tow? When fully equipped, the 2020 GMC Sierra can tow up to 13,400 pounds. To optimize the Sierra to get 13,400 pounds towing capacity, choose the Double Cab configuration with a standard cargo box, a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine, and the Max Trailering Package. If you want a light-duty pickup that offers an array of styles, features, and sizes, then the GMC Sierra is a good option to consider! Options include:
- 2.7L Turbo engine
- 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine available
- Short Box or Standard Box Truck Bed options
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Crew Cab, Double Cab, or Regular Cab
- And more!
The Crew Cab option offers 6,500-12,100 pounds of towing capacity. The Double Cab has a smaller interior but makes up for it with 6,600-13,400 pounds of towing capacity.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping– depending on which drive mode you’re in.
- Max Trailering Package: If you want your new GMC Sierra to reach the maximum towing capacity of 13,400 pounds, then choose the Max Trailering Package. It equips your vehicle with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, enhanced cooling system, 220 amp radiator, and heavier-duty rear springs.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the electronic parking brakes take effect to prevent your truck from rolling.
- Trailering Camera Package: Add two side-view mirrors with this package. It makes it easier to change lanes and reverse while trailering so you can get from Sheboygan to Ripon safely.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Use the control buttons on the center console to monitor the trailer brakes while you’re driving.
GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System
The ProGrade Trailering System uses a high-resolution camera and the infotainment display in your truck to make towing through Beaver Dam easier and safer.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Test your trailer lights before you hit the road to West Bend with a trailer light sequence test
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Enjoy pre-departure checklists and more with the package offering more connectivity features than the base model.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Hitch up your trailer on the first try with zoom capability and dynamic gridlines.
- Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
Enjoy the Power of the GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
Now that you know the answer to “How much can the GMC Sierra tow?” Take a look at the 2020 GMC Sierra yourself at Holiday Automotive. Our new vehicle specials can help alleviate the financial burden of buying a new car. Learn more about our other pickups, like the towing capacity and bed sizes available with a Ford F-150. Ready to experience the 2020 GMC Sierra towing capacity? Apply for financing today
More From Holiday Automotive
Whether you’re shopping in West Bend’s downtown or enjoying a day on the water at Silver Lake, there are plenty of restaurants in West Bend to choose from! There’s something for everyone, from All-You-Can-Eat seafood to carefully curated tapas and small plates. Read on to find your next favorite restaurant in West Bend and…
Car Heater Issue FAQs There are plentiful reasons why you have no heat in your car or why your car heater is blowing cold air while you’re driving around Oshkosh and Beaver Dam. The reality is that heating your car in winter requires a lot of energy and different vehicle systems working together. While heat…
When you shop for SUVs around Los Angeles, there’s no need to sacrifice great fuel economy figures for better horsepower – and the 2020 Chevy Equinox gas mileage proves it! The latest Chevy Equinox fuel economy reaches up to 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway with its base-level engine. Want to see how this SUV can…
Are you in the market for a new Mazda SUV? If so, explore the 2020 Mazda CX-5! It packs a punch with 2,000 pounds towing capacity. The Mazda CX-5 towing capacity sets it apart from its competitors, but its far from all the CX-5 has to offer. Oshkosh drivers will enjoy a best-in-class performance like…
Whether you’re hauling equipment to the job site or materials for a home DIY project in Oshkosh, the Ford F-150 bed size can handle any tough job. Learn more about the Ford F-150 bed size, including the Ford F-150 Supercrew bed size, with Holiday Automotive, then be sure to check out our new vehicle specials. View…