Holiday Automotive Hail Damage Repair
If your vehicle has been impacted by a hail storm, a lot is probably running through your mind. What do you do next? Will insurance cover the damage? Where do you go for car hail damage repair in Oshkosh or Sheboygan? Let our collision repair and hail damage repair experts answer all your questions! Read on or contact us now for additional information. Or, get your estimate now.
How to Prevent Hail Damage
If you’re lucky enough to reach this page before your car gets damaged by hail, then here’s how to prevent hail damage on your vehicle:
- Think about investing in a temporary carport if you can’t store your car in a garage. There are lots of inexpensive, easy-to-build options on the market.
- Do you receive weather alerts on your phone? If you have a smartphone, tablet, smartwatch, or another device that can receive inclement weather alerts, turn them on so you’re aware of hailstorms before they happen.
- Cover your car with blankets or a car cover. This can help lessen the impact hail has on your paint, especially if it’s smaller hail.
- If you’re on the road in West Bend when a hail storm hits, you should pull over to a covered lot, such as a gas station or a parking garage.
- Use your floor mats and/or trunk mat. While this is undoubtedly a last-ditch effort, most floor mats are actually fairly thick, especially if you’ve replaced the original carpeted ones with heavy-duty rubber mats. If nothing else, putting your floor mats on your hood, trunk-lid, or roof, not to mention your windshield or rear window can help prevent hail damage.
What Are the Four Main Types of Hail Damage?
A hail-damaged car is at risk of being considered totaled. A car hail damage “total loss designation” means your car is uninsurable. But even if your vehicle is given a salvage title for hail damage, the good news is that it can likely be restored, in which case the vehicle will be redesignated as “rebuilt.” Luckily, we repair all types of hail damage in Beaver Dam and Ripon at the Holiday Automotive location closest to you, including:
- Severe Damage with Scratched Paint: The worst-case scenario, in this situation, mechanical repairs are needed, and the vehicle will likely need to have exterior panels replaced.
- Severe Damage with Intact Paint: In this situation, the vehicle’s mechanical systems have been damaged by severe hail. At the same time, the paint job hasn’t been affected, so the exterior can still be treated with paint and dent removal.
- Cosmetic Damage with Scratched Paint: These are dents that scratch paint. They can’t simply be fixed by paint and dent removal. In this case, the affected exterior panel will likely need to be replaced.
- Cosmetic Damage with Intact Paint: This type of hail damage causes small dents in your vehicle’s exterior, hasn’t scratched the paint, and can be treated with paint and dent removal by a local mechanic.
How to Repair Hail Damage on a Car
There are several ways to repair hail damage, including:
- DIY heat gun hail repair
- DIY suction cup pulling tools
- Professional paint and dent repair
By far the best way to repair auto hail damage is professional auto hail damage repair. Holiday Automotive hail damage repair locations have the tools and processes in place required to get your car hail damage fixed the right way the first time.
Get Hail Damage Repair Done at Holiday Automotive!
Our collision center offers expert hail damage repair services for Sheboygan area drivers. Ready to get a quote? Call 866-807-8084. Why bring your car to us for hail damage? Here at Holiday Automotive, you’re our number one priority, and we work hard to be the best dealership with the best team delivering the best experience! So what’re you waiting for? Blemish-free paint and bodywork is in your future; just book your hail damage repair appointment online now!